This Program Is Approved By WorldChefs!
In May 2023, this program "Sushi Masterclass -Foundation-" course is approved by Worldchefs, one of the biggest association of global chef's network!
Our Sushi Masterclass is the first Japanese cuisine course accredited by Worldchefs!
Learn More About Worldchefs
Start a 'Certificate course' anytime you wish to.
'Certificate course' is a 6-week program including 1-on-1 LIVE feedback sessions with a master chef.
Who is this course for?
Christopher was a total beginner when he took a certificate course of Sushi Masterclass. After completing the program, he got a job at a hotel restaurant, and then started his own sushi business.
"Without this program, there was no way to achieve what I am now. So, I am very grateful!" -Christopher
When he joined our certificate program of Sushi Masterclass, Alex has a few years of experience as a sushi cook. But, he wanted to learn more because he knew that the mastery of art of sushi is a long way to go.
"Mr. Takahashi is an amazing teacher! I am recommending this program to all of my colleagues as well!" -Alexandru
Daniel is a passionate amateur chef who is fascinated by sushi and Japanese cuisine. Before he joined our Online Sushi Masterclass, he had watached Youtube videos and taked local sushi classes. But, he was never satisfied.
"I thought that I already knew a lot of things about sushi, but after taking this program, I realized that I didn't. I learned a lot from this program!" -Daniel
Real Master chefs become your personal teachers
Hideyuki Takahashi -Chief Culinary Officer
- 15 years at “Tokyo Kitcho”, a most-renowned Kaiseki (traditional Japanese cuisine) restaurant
- Former popular instructor at “Tokyo Sushi Academy” for 4 years
- Sushi chef at “Shinji by Kanesaka” (Singapore)
- Yakitori chef (Japanese skewed BBQ, Tokyo)
- Kitchen management (Hong Kong)
Fumino Takahashi -Curriculum development
- Worked at several Japanese restaurants in Tokyo
- Trained sushi & fish skill at Tokyo Sushi Academy & world-famous Tsukiji Fish Market
- Japanese fermented food (soy sauce, miso) specialist
"Do I have to start the program right after I purchase?"
No, you can start anytime you wish to. Some students start right away. Others take a few weeks to learn by themselves with the tutorial videos before starting a 6-week program.
"What is included?"
A 6-week certificate course includes:
- 1 orientation
- 5 LIVE feedback sessions with a master chef
- Find out more in the pricing section
- Salmon: how to buy & store sushi quality fish
- How to prepare salmon for sushi vol.1 (8:10)
- How to prepare salmon for sushi vol.2 (4:16)
- Slicing salmon vol.1 (prep)
- Slicing salmon vol.2 (6:47)
- Tuna: how to buy & store sushi quality fish
- Tuna: how to dissect a block of tuna for sushi & sashimi (6:49)
- Slicing tuna (5:49)
- How to avoid a torn tuna slice? (1:38)
- Variation of sushi
- Preparation for Hoso-maki rolls
- Ultimate basics of rolling thin rolls -vol.1- (6:56)
- Ultimate basics of rolling thin rolls -vol.2- (6:48)
- How to make perfect inside-out rolls (Californian roll) -vol.1- (7:06)
- Inside-out rolls (California roll) -vol.2- (3:24)
- Column: What is Nori?
- New! Inside-out roll variation #1: Avocado roll (2:11)
- New! Inside-out roll variation #2: Salmon roll (2:02)